TRADITIONAL - 11th GRADERS
This traditional college scholarship awards up to $10,000 per year for up to five years. It is available to 11th graders and will be awarded directly to the college or university of enrollment.
Students are required to maintain a cumulative 2.5 grade point average (GPA) and complete certain graduation requirements their senior year of high school in order to receive the scholarship the first year of college. Students must enroll in college full-time beginning the fall semester immediately following high school graduation.
To remain eligible once enrolled in college, students must meet minimum annual requirements and complete a short renewal application each year.
Once entering the system, a student will complete these steps in this order:
2. Complete an eligibility requirements check and, if determined eligible:
3. Complete the application
4. Complete a list of tasks (writing an essay, requesting recommendation(s), uploading an unofficial transcript, and signing a waiver)
5. Submit the application and tasks
APPLICATION AND SELECTION QUESTIONS
WHO CAN APPLY?
HOW MUCH IS THE TRADITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP?
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
WHERE CAN YOU USE THIS SCHOLARSHIP?
WHEN DO YOU APPLY?
HOW MANY KC SCHOLARS WILL BE SELECTED?
- Be a current eleventh grader during the application cycle;
- Home-schooled or attend a public, charter, or private high school in one of the six eligible counties (Wyandotte and Johnson in Kansas and Cass, Clay, Jackson, and Platte in Missouri)
- Be lawfully present in the United States, or present in the United States under a deferred removal program, as identified by at least one of the following:
- A United States citizen or national of the United States.
- A lawful U.S. permanent resident.
- An individual authorized to live and work in the U.S.
- An individual that has filed an application to begin the process towards U.S. permanent residency.
- An individual that is Deferred Action For Childhood Arrival (“DACA”) eligible and has applied for or received DACA approval.
- You will need to create an account on this website, once the application cycle re-opens on January 1, 2018.
You will complete the application on-line, including:
- Answering two essay questions;
- Providing a copy of your current high school transcript from 9th grade until the present;
- Providing verification of ACT/SAT scores if you have taken the test(s); and
- Providing names and emails of two individuals who will complete an online recommendation form (letters of recommendations are not accepted but must be completed online).
Scholarships will be awarded in May 2018.
The scholarship may only be used at one of the 17 colleges and universities in the KC Scholars Postsecondary Network.