This adult learner scholarship is available to adults who have some college, but no degree. Returning adult learners can receive up to $5,000 per year for up to five years to complete their degree or credit-bearing credential.
Adults must be at least 24 years old at the time of enrollment in the fall semester of 2018 and can enroll in college part-time or full-time. The scholarship will be sent directly to the college or university of enrollment.
To remain eligible once enrolled in college, adult learners must meet minimum annual requirements and complete a short renewal application each year.
Once entering the system, a student will complete these steps in this order:
2. Complete an eligibility requirements check and, if determined eligible:
3. Complete the application
4. Complete a list of tasks (writing an essay, requesting recommendation(s), uploading an unofficial transcript, and signing a waiver)
5. Submit the application and tasks
APPLICATION AND SELECTION QUESTIONS
WHO CAN APPLY?
HOW MUCH IS THE ADULT LEARNER SCHOLARSHIP?
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
WHERE CAN YOU USE THIS SCHOLARSHIP?
WHEN DO YOU APPLY?
HOW MANY KC SCHOLARS WILL BE SELECTED?
Scholarships will be awarded in May 2018.
The adult learner college scholarship award is up to $5,000 per year for up to five years.
For the 2018 application cycle, KC Scholars will award 500 scholarships:
- Traditional- at least 250 awards (up to $10,000 a year for up to 5 years)
- Adult Learner- up to 200 awards (up to $5,000 a year for up to 5 years)
- College Savings Account/Match- 500 students will be selected for a $50 initial investment in a 529 college savings account and at least 50 of the 500 will be selected for the match program (earn up to $7,000 in match and incentives)